Sunday 29 July 2012

Bloggers Tag

Today is a bit of fun for those of us who are taking part in the Ultimate Blog Challenge.  Thanks to Susan Wilson for choosing me as one of her 11 bloggers to play ‘Bloggers Tag’. I’m only too happy to oblige! 

First the rules:
  1. Post rules
  2. Answer the question your taggers sent you or create new ones, the choice is yours.
  3. Tag eleven people
  4. Tell these people they have been tagged.
And now the questions:
What gets you out of bed each day?
Every other day I have to get out of bed to walk our dog Lisa, as my husband John and I take it in turns to take her out first thing. However, even if it's John's turn to walk Lisa, I still have to get up, as my task on alternative mornings is to make breakfast!  What also gets me out of bed is the sunshine, which is a bonus for those of us who live in Spain.
 If an alien landed on earth, what would your top tip ‘for living here’ be?
You probably think that we're all a bit weird, but remember that we think you're strange too, so let's all live in harmony and accept each other for what we are.
3 What is your ‘happy song’?
I have a couple: "Dancing Queen" by Abba always makes me want to get up and dance. I am also a Queen fan and chose "Don't Stop Me Now" for my entrance when John and I got married: it was the second marriage for both of us.
4 Do you have a special place real or imagined?
I enjoy sitting out on our balcony, looking at the Sierra de Santa Ana and Sierra del Carche, especially in the evening when the sun is setting.

New Year's Eve over Santa Ana
5 What childhood fable, fairy tale or movie stretched your imagination and sticks with you today?
I loved "The Secret Garden" as a child, and even now I enjoy discovering "secret" gardens.  As an adult living in London I used to run in Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens with my friends and there I found my own secret garden.  We used to stand admiring "our" garden (a good excuse to catch our breath!) and marvel at the number of people who used to walk straight past, without even glancing at it.  I visited the Royal Alcazar in Seville recently with my daughters, and we all enjoyed strolling through its delightful gardens.
6 What is your idea of a perfect evening?
During the summer months in Jumilla, where we now live, the Ruta del Vino holds a series of concerts in local wineries.  Nothing beats listening to good music while enjoying some of the best Jumilla wines accompanied by tasty local dishes, and surrounded by friends and neighbours all having a good time. Especially on a lovely summer's evening.
7 As a kid, what did you want to be when you grow up?
When I was younger I wanted to be a ballet dancer and although I never had any lessons I would practise my pirouettes in the back garden.  However I also wanted to be a writer, so at least I have achieved one of my ambitions.
8 What is your favorite type of movie?
Not surprisingly, given some of my previous answers, I love musicals.  I enjoy the singing, the dancing and above all the feel-good factor.
9 If you won the lottery would you tell anyone?
Apart from my family and close friends, I don't think so.  I would like to help my favourite charities of course, but I don't think I could handle begging letters.
10 If you could visit anywhere in the world where would it be?
The Taj Mahal as it's such a romantic story apart from the sheer beauty of the place.
11 Do you believe in Destiny?
I believe that you make your own destiny.  Having said that, sometimes I get the feeling that something was just meant to be.  What I find fascinating in life is that when you have to make a choice, what happens next is governed by your choice.  We will never know what would have happened if we had reached a different decision.
You've been tagged!:
If you've been tagged before, or if this isn't your type of thing, I won't be offended if you choose not to participate. Well, if I'm being honest, I'll only be a teeny bit offended!  I like the idea of expressing thanks though to those of you whose blogs I've enjoyed, through tagging you here.  Hope you don't mind!
  1. Johnson talks about sharing unplanned abundance: this happens a lot to us in Spain, especially during the fruit season!  http://toscasac.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/sharing-unplanned-abundance.html
  2. Jackie Bledsoe, thanks for the warning - can I wait until after this Challenge to follow your advice? http://jackiebledsoe.com/is-sitting-killing-you/
  3. Cheri describes her blog as Random thoughts on life......  I guess I am a bit random too!  http://cherisidlechatter.blogspot.co.uk/
  4. Keith at  http://www.keithaddison.co.uk/sleeplessinnewcastle/ always gives me something to think about when I read his posts.
  5. Harriet, I totally agree with your thoughts on the Olympics Opening Ceremony.  We stayed up late to watch it (Spain is one hour ahead of the UK) and loved it.  http://www.harrietstack.com/  
  6. Lena has some encouraging words on finding your own style: look at her photos of the plus-size blogger.  Far more inspiring than photos of skinny models! http://www.lenapenteado.com/blog/
  7. Dot gives some good advice on natural health and I will be giving my friend the link to her post on Treatment for Arthritis:  http://dothurleyblog.co.uk/
  8. Nikki has had to face challenges in her life that most of us thankfully haven't experienced.  Two of my cousins have Cystic Fibrosis so this resonated with me:  http://itsslimply-life.blogspot.co.uk/
  9. Laurie's latest post is on a topic close to my heart: words.  The blog is mainly about Pilates and riding, though I recommend Pilates for any sports person, anyone with back problems - in fact, for anyone!  https://coreconnexxions.wordpress.com/  
  10. Lori gives lots of good advice about getting fit naturally and I like the helpful photos and videos: http://www.get-fit-naturally.org/
  11. Jes In The World combines two interests of mine: travel and photography.  http://www.jesintheworld.com/
 The above are just a few of the many excellent blogs taking part in the Ultimate Blog Challenge: if you haven't already seen them, why not check them out now?

No comments:

Post a Comment