Saturday 2 February 2013

Day 2 FABruary Style Challenge

Today I'm feeling in the pink!  Well that's not quite true, but today's style challenge is to use the colour pink in my outfit, so I thought that I would at least start the right way.  My problem is that I don't have a lot of pink in my wardrobe as it's not a colour that I'm drawn to.  Don't get me wrong: I love pink flowers, and I enjoy gazing at a pink sky when the sun's setting, but I don't usually buy myself pink clothes.

However I should qualify the above statement by saying that the first top that I bought myself when I was in my late teens (I've got a good long-term memory, as my OH would say!) was a shocking pink top with a zip.  I can still picture it - I loved that top - but I also know that the bright colour would look dreadful on me nowadays.

Luckily I broke my unwritten rule just before Christmas and bought some bright pink jeans.  In the photo on the M&S website these jeans looked almost red, and I do like red clothes, so I let my husband buy me a pair for Christmas.  I found a scarf (lurking in the back of the wardrobe!) with some pink in it, which I think was a freebie, so thankfully I was able to meet today's challenge.

According to Imogen: "Pink is a versatile colour,  the right shade of pink will make you look fabulous as it’s a skin enhancer."  I like the idea of enhancing my skin, so maybe I should start changing the habits of a life-time and re-think my ideas about wearing pink. As Imogen points out, there are both warm shades and cool shades of pink, so now I'm on a mission to find my shade of pink!  Although I love my new jeans, I am realistic and know that the same shade close to my face wouldn't be very flattering.



PS I would like to point out that I am wearing a pale pink eye shadow that fortuitously was included in an eye shadow palette that I bought recently, plus a pink lip gloss.  All I need to do now is order a pink gin when we go out tonight - or perhaps a glass of rosé wine!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment