Wednesday 3 April 2013

April Style Challenge - Accessorize part 2

I mentioned in my previous April Style Challenge post that nowadays I wear a lot of scarves, as they are particularly flattering for those of us who are over 60 and whose necks show our age!  However I do love necklaces, and I still have many that I enjoy wearing, so today's outfit features one of my favourite necklaces.


My outfit is mainly navy, as I didn't want to wear any bright colours that would compete with my necklace for attention.  I think that the navy band at the top of my jumper helps to highlight the necklace, which is in one of my favourite colours, turquoise. This might have been a better look if I had worn a plain navy sweater rather than one with stripes, but my wardrobe isn't that vast! Turquoise is a colour that flatters most women, whether they suit cool or warm shades, so is ideal for those of us who are more mature. The shape of the necklace helps to draw attention away from the neck, which is a good thing too!

I bought this necklace on a trip to Madrid to celebrate my 65th birthday.  My husband had taken his son-in-law to the Santiago BernabĂ©u stadium where Real Madrid play, so guess what my step-daughter Sarah and I decided to do? Yep, that's right. Sarah and I went shopping and were delighted when we found a tiny shop called Tierra that sold hand-made jewellery.  We spent ages browsing before making our purchases and were even more delighted when we were given a tiny tub of ice-cream with our purchases, just what we needed on a hot day! You can check Tierra out on facebook, where I discovered they have shops in New York and London too.

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful necklace and I love the jumper as well. Stripes always lighten up the mood!

    ReplyDelete