Wednesday 11 December 2013

The Common Wardrobe: In The Red

Hopefully I won't really be "in the red" this year money-wise, especially since I have been cutting down the amount of clothes in my wardrobe! However when it comes to wearing neutral colours, as seen in my previous post, I can't resist a pop of colour, with red being one of my favourites.

This is my basic common wardrobe:




It's almost the same as before, however this time I've sneaked in my navy and red striped jumper. For any over 60s who may feel red is too bright a colour for them to wear, remember that there are probably as many shades of red as there are of grey!  Try a few out and you may be pleasantly surprised.  If not, do as I do and add some red accessories to brighten up your look. 

I particularly love wearing red on a cold wintry day like today, as it makes me feel more cheerful. I also find that wearing red gives me confidence, a trick that I used when facing a difficult day at work. Colleagues used to say "Watch out: Sue is wearing red today!" 

My outfit of the day is the navy and red jumper shown above with my navy jeans. Here are some of my favourite outfits featuring the jumper:



4 comments:

  1. Nice incorporation of red which really livens up the look, but...I'm still thinking pink is your signature. Look at that scarf! You can't escape, even if you call it a shade of red (LOL).

    Are you wearing the gray shoes with that gray vest? I'm seeing a very cohesive, pulled-together look with that idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say that yes, I was wearing grey footwear with the grey vest, though it was my grey ankle boots.

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Robin. I guess that I'm going to have to post a version featuring pink, just for you!

    ReplyDelete