Wednesday 16 April 2014

Making a statement - bags of style

Creating the set for this post using Polyvore proved to be an interesting exercise. I have been trying to select items that the average reader could afford while "making a statement", and this wasn't too much of a problem with the previous sets that I created. When it came to bags though I found myself drawn to the more expensive ones, such as a cute Valentino shoulder bag, a delicious raspberry tote from Rochas and a stylish Victoria Beckham mini tote in new blue.  It took me a while to find a selection of colourful bags that I liked and that didn't cost hundreds of euros - however the good news is that only two of the ones shown below cost over 100€.


When it comes to buying bags we are spoilt for choice, with so many different styles and colours available in the shops. You may notice that all of the ones I have picked either have handles that can be slung over my shoulder or straps that allow it to be worn cross-body. I do a lot of walking, in case you haven't guessed, and I do like to keep my hands free! Even though I set myself a budget, there were still many lovely bags to select from.

I have to admit that there were some very stylish bags in neutral colours, but in my view they would have made a rather boring outfit when added to the neutral basics shown above. However, going back to my original decision to limit the budget for this set, if you do intend to splash out on a new bag you would be wise to choose one in neutral colours that won't date and that will go with the majority of clothes in your wardrobe.

A final word of advice for petites: take care not to choose too large a bag as it will dominate you. Please note though that I don't always follow my own advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment