Monday 10 April 2017

My Spring 33 capsule wardrobe

These are the 33 items of clothing that form my Spring capsule wardrobe and that I will be wearing over the next three months. I first discovered Project 333 a couple of years ago. The idea is, as you may have guessed, to have a wardrobe of 33 items of clothing that will last you for the following three months. If you choose wisely, you should be able to mix and match these items to create plenty of outfits and you won't find this capsule limiting. If you follow the above link you will realise that I cheat a bit by not including accessories and shoes in my capsule!






There are a dozen tops here, most of which are warm shades, as I am gradually building up a wardrobe in my most flattering colours. Obviously I need to ensure that my trousers will go well with these tops.



I haven't included any skirts in my capsule, though I might replace one of the pairs of trousers in the first photo with a skirt when it becomes warmer, as there are two pairs of jeans and two pairs of wool trousers. With eight pairs of trousers and twelve tops, it's mathematically possible to create enough outfits to cover three months without repeating any of them, though some combinations will look better than others. That's not the end of the story though, as during the next three months there will be days when I need an outer layer.


I have included three cardigans and one merino jumper as shown above, which will go well with the warmer colours in my capsule. I also need to choose some outer layers to go with the navy, grey and blue items in my wardrobe.


Finally, I have added a few dressier tops for when we go out in the evening or for a special occasion, plus a dress -  in the hope that we might have some warm weather towards the end of the three months!



There are six new pieces in this capsule of thirty three items of clothing, all of which have been chosen because they will go well with existing pieces and will prove versatile. I'm aiming to gradually replace older clothes that aren't in my best colours. Of course I also have a collection of accessories that will add individuality to my outfits and ensure that I don't become bored with them. If I was going on holiday before the end of June, I would just select tops and bottoms in the warmer colours and avoid the navy, grey and blue items. I realise that I should build up my wardrobe around neutrals, however regular readers will know how much I love a dash of colour! That's where accessories are so useful in creating outfits that reflect your personality.

7 comments: